Thirteen Militants Killed to include BRA Commander in Kalat
QUETTA: The Frontier Corps (FC) continued its search operation on its second day in Johan area of Kalat district, FC spokesperson said on Friday.
Thirteen militants, including a Baloch Republican Army (BRA) commander, have been killed so far while six have been injured in the search operation that started yesterday.
Two militant hideouts, three explosive-laden vehicles and four motorcycles have also been destroyed.
The militants were reportedly involved in attacks on public transport and oil tankers on RCD highway.
On April 15, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif met Army chief General Raheel Sharif to discuss national security and the law and order situation of Quetta.
Sources privy to the development told media that Operation Zarb-e-Azb might be expanded to Balochistan to fight against Baloch insurgents as well.
The army launched Operation Zarb-e-Azb against militants in North Waziristan in June 2014.
During his visit, the army chief presided over a law and order meeting at the Frontier Crops Balochistan Headquarters office.
The meeting came days after a sickening orgy of bloodshed played out in a remote town of southern Balochistan on April 11 when 20 construction workers were methodically massacred in a predawn attack on their camp near Turbat city in Kech district of Balochistan.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.