Two Soldiers Martyred But Downed Six Militants in Turbat Operation
QUETTA: At least two Frontier Corps personnel and six militants were killed in an exchange of fire on Wednesday during a search operation in Balnagoor area of Balochistan’s Turbat city.
The security forces were conducting a search operation in the area when militants exchanged heavy fire with the personnel resulting in the deaths of two FC personnel, Balochistan IGFC Major General Sher Afgun told media.
However, the IGFC said the search operation will continue till the arrest of the last terrorist.
Earlier this month, the FC arrested 13 suspects, including three foreigners, and seized arms and anti-Pakistan propaganda material during a raid in Gomazi area of Turbat. “Acting on a tip-off, FC launched a search operation in Turbat and arrested 13 suspects, including foreigners in Gomazi,” FC spokesperson said and added the suspects were believed to be involved in terrorist activities in Turbat and its adjoining areas.
During the raid, the FC troops found some small arms including pistols and sub-machine guns along with a mortar shell and printed hate speeches against the state. The arrested persons had been shifted to un-disclosed location for further interrogation.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.