Local food chain potted for serving poisonous food
KARACHI: A famous restaurants' been sealed following death of a 13-year-old girl, Kinza, due to consumption of a grimmy burger bought from the restaurant. Officials from provincial Food and Health Department sealed the restaurant and shut off the business outlet located in North Nazimabad locality.
"The restaurant will remain closed till the court decision", Salma Kauser, Director Medical of Karachi Metropolitan Council (KMC) said
Its is pertinent to mentioned here that the police registered an FIR No 17/15 against owners of the restaurant which allegedly made a contaminated burger and apparently caused the death of a teen aged girl. The case was registered on behalf of M. Ahmed Bari, the father of ill-fated girl - Kanza.
Kanza Ahmed, 13, a student of class eight, had died and her mother and two younger siblings fell ill after consuming the burgers from the restaurant. Police has sent the food stuff for chemical analysis while registered FIR on the directives of court par family's plea.
Reportedly, the Police got the chemical examination report which is yet to make public. Telephone calls to inquiry officer DSP Altaf Hussain have gone all in vain.
The owner of the restaurant has argued, that if that were the case, hundreds of people visit his restaurant eating the same burger daily, even on the day have never reported a single complain till date.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.